Re: [fluid-dev] Migration of services

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Migration of services
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:24:15 +0200

On 2010-05-18 08:19, Elimar Green wrote:
> Any thoughts?  I think these are the options:
> - Find another place to host the original FluidSynth Trac install (any
> offers?)
> - Host SVN on the Trac host
> - Host SVN on Savannah or SourceForge and periodically sync it to the Trac
> host
> - Host Trac on SourceForge and manually re-create tickets, losing much
> history info, Ticket CCs, time consuming to re-enter data, etc.

I believe SF.net is the best option so far, and that it would be good to
have things settled in one place instead of having things scattered over
several places. Pedro's ideas about some kind of ticket text dump would
work, I guess.

> I'm completely willing to hand over the FluidSynth Trac tarball and SVN
> dump, to anyone who has more enthusiasm for setting this up somewhere.

I would very much like to have such a tarball and SVN dump, at least for
backup purposes. Does it contain sensitive information? E-mail addresses
I assume, are passwords properly salted or in clear-text? I'm thinking
other users might want to keep such things as secret as possible.

> I don't really have a lot of time or interest currently.

It happens that a person's priorities in life change. And that's okay.

// David