[fluid-dev] FluidSynth services migrated

From: Elimar Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth services migrated
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:55:21 -0700

Hello again FluidSynth developers and users.

I think I have finally managed to move most services over to SourceForge.  The only thing left on Savannah is the mailing list (which will likely remain) and the old download area.  I didn't copy all the releases over to the new site, since I didn't think it was necessary.  1.0.9, 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 seem the most significant.

Here are the new project URLs:
Home page (managed by Trac currently): http://www.fluidsynth.org or http://fluidsynth.sourceforge.net
Project summary: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fluidsynth
SVN: https://fluidsynth.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fluidsynth

With the help of Python I wrote some scripts to import all the tickets and ticket comments view form posts (not sure if it was faster than doing it manually ;)  The ticket comments are all posted by my account 'jgreen', but have text written at the top of each comment which looks like "Original comment author: <AUTHOR>".  So comments can still be correlated with older accounts.

I updated all the links in the Wiki which referenced resonance.org.

So I think things should be pretty much back on Trac :)

One unfortunate thing is that SourceForge doesn't currently support VHOSTS to hosted applications without a redirect.  So our http://www.fluidsynth.org gets redirected to the sourceforge.net Trac application URL.  I'm tempted to provide another FluidSynth home page, which looks nicer than the default Trac theme and provides a landing page.  Perhaps some blog like Wiki software or something.  Any thoughts?  It could be made to look pretty nice with screenshots from other applications using FluidSynth, etc.  That would allow for the home page to really be http://www.fluidsynth.org without redirecting.

Cheers!

Elimar