Re: [fluid-dev] 1.1.3 crashes QJackCtl

From: Orcan Ogetbil
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] 1.1.3 crashes QJackCtl
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 21:11:07 -0400

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 8:51 PM, S. Christian Collins wrote:
> I compiled and installed 1.1.3 (using checkinstall to create DEB
> packages)--there didn't seem to be any errors, but when I run Fluidsynth, it
> causes QJackCtl to have a very long X-run and then eventually QJackCtl
> crashes.

Hi Chris,

I had quite similar symptoms a while ago when I compiled fluidsynth
with portaudio support. Even when I was using fluidsynth with a
different backend (e.g. jack), I was getting the xruns. I spent some
time to figure out what's going on but I couldn't find anything useful
and then I ended up disabling the portaudio support when building
fluidsynth.

Just in case, try compiling fluidsynth without portaudio support.

Orcan