Re: [fluid-dev] 1.1.3 crashes QJackCtl

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] 1.1.3 crashes QJackCtl
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:43:19 +0200

On 2010-10-18 02:51, S. Christian Collins wrote:
  I compiled and installed 1.1.3 (using checkinstall to create DEB
packages)--there didn't seem to be any errors, but when I run
Fluidsynth, it causes QJackCtl to have a very long X-run and then
eventually QJackCtl crashes.  If I run QJackCtl and then start
Fluidsynth from a terminal I get the following:
FluidSynth version 1.1.3
Copyright (C) 2000-2010 Peter Hanappe and others.
Distributed under the LGPL license.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.

bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
lash_open_socket: could not connect to host 'localhost', service '14541'
lash_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
Connected to JACK server with client name 'LASH_Server'

"LASH_Server"? That doesn't seem quite right.

Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 129
Listening for connections
Created project project-1 in directory
/home/chris/audio-projects/project-1
Added client cb196e61-bbff-41c9-9b9a-74951c3609ab of class fluidsynth
to project project-1
fluidsynth: Jack sample rate mismatch, adjusting.
(synth.sample-rate=44100, jackd=48000)
Type 'help' for help topics.

And after a few seconds, I get an endless stream of:
Jack error: cannot continue execution of the processing graph (Broken
pipe)

Could you give the full output of the terminal commands used to start "jackd" and "fluidsynth", please?

Is it FluidSynth or Jack's terminal that outputs this error?

There was a change in the alsa_seq driver that I might not have tested well enough :-( ...but basically, the new behaviour is that FluidSynth quits immediately if the -i switch is given, and no midi files are played. It makes the alsa_seq and alsa_raw drivers consistent with the other midi drivers, that already behaved this way.

// David