[fluid-dev] possible 1.1.3 bug

From: Max McCracken
Subject: [fluid-dev] possible 1.1.3 bug
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 07:10:30 +0400

Hi, all.

Last time I used fluidsynth to render midis was in january 2010 I
think (I used the version in ubuntu 10.04, don't remember the number).
Everything was fine. However after I updated to 1.1.1 (the current
Ubuntu default), I had the "all instruments are pianos" bug and
decided to update to 1.1.2. After I updated the pianos bug vanished
but it appears another one is here.

This midi file
https://sites.google.com/site/metaruka/GameGame/01Game-Game.mid?attredirects=0
with this soundfont
ftp://ftp.personalcopy.net/pub/RealFont_2_1.sfArk
renders with lead synth sounding distinctly off-note (however sounding
okay with 8MBGMSFX.SF2)

Before:
http://www.archive.org/download/Game-gameOst/01Game-game.ogg
Now:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/323556/test.ogg

Line I used to render:
fluidsynth -R 0 -F test.wav -C 0 -g 0.75 -i -l -a file -r 48000
RealFont_2_1.sf2 "01Game-Game.mid"

I tried downloading and compiling older versions of fluidsynth but
they strangely behave the same way as the new one (I also checked the
1.1.3). Is there something I'm missing?