Re: [fluid-dev] Feedback from LAC

From: Krzysztof Foltman
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Feedback from LAC
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 12:11:00 +0100

On 13/05/11 11:20, Nils wrote:
Also sfz range from hundreds of MB to gigabytes.
Linuxsampler does a fine job streaming that from your disk.

I don't think I want a 2 GB piano sample in my RAM.

Well, sfz can take anything from a few KB to gigabytes. I don't think implementing HD streaming in Fluidsynth is necessarily a good idea - the amount of coding and testing required is rather enormous, and Linuxsampler does it already. It's harder than adding a new parser or a couple of new filters or conditions for layer activation.

(that aside, I don't quite "get" the gigabyte piano fetish)

K.