Re: [fluid-dev] Feedback from LAC

From: Krzysztof Foltman
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Feedback from LAC
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:26:53 +0100

On 13/05/11 09:02, David Henningsson wrote:

Btw, an interesting feature request was support for the sfz format. The sfz format seems to require some extra support from the engine (equalizers, change filter from lowpass to highpass, maybe a few more LFOs) but not unreachable much. As of now, while it would be interesting, I won't have the time to implement this any time soon. But if anyone is up for a summer project and is serious about it, I'd be happy to do some mentoring.

In case anyone wants to do it, here's something I wrote for my project that might possibly help:

http://repo.or.cz/w/calfbox.git/blob/master:/sfzparser.c
http://repo.or.cz/w/calfbox.git/blob/master:/sfzparser.h

It's the most low-level part of the parser. Basically, it calls a callback whenever it finds a start of a region or a group or a key=value pair.

It's a work-in-progress, but it reads at least two of the examples on the Cakewalk page properly, including the slightly pathological one, with spaces in filenames.

Should be really easy to adapt for use in FS. An example of using the parser, just barely started, can be found here:

http://repo.or.cz/w/calfbox.git/blob/master:/sampler.c

K.