Re: [fluid-dev] Reverb effect level equation and possible bug

From: Graham Goode
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Reverb effect level equation and possible bug
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 11:06:27 +0200

Just a follow up on this, a test from the jOrgan user using the SFZ
sf2 player as a comparison to fluidsynth:

-------------

I repeated the same tests as fluidsynth with SFZ. To do this:

- A disposition (without fluidsynth) with two "continuous filter" for the
reverb (CC91) and chorus (CC93), and output to "Generic Sound" MIDI Yoke NT:
1;
- SFZ.exe, MIDI Yoke NT: 1;
- In SFZ, a soundfont for testing;
- Finally Viena to change the soundfont.
After each change the soundfont with viena must reload the soundfont in SFS
to reflect the changes.

Results:

(I = Instrument, P = Preset)
1) I = 100%, P = 0, P = 50, P = 100%: total efficiency of CC91 and CC93.
2) I = 0%, P = 0, P = 50, P = 100%: total efficiency of CC91 and CC93.
3) I = 60%, P = 0, P = 50, P = 100%: total efficiency of CC91 and CC93.

So the question is: what should the behavior be? If CC91 is to always
have an effect on the reverb (like it does with Creative and SFZ),
then there is a bug in fludisynth.

Kind regards,
GrahamG