[fluid-dev] Very high CPU usage and dropouts on Mac version

From: Ed Costello
Subject: [fluid-dev] Very high CPU usage and dropouts on Mac version
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 18:28:22 +0100

Hi list,

I am using the Mac version of qsynth and I am getting very high CPU usage when I send midi data to the synth, 50-60 % and even as high as 90%, this is causing very bad audio dropouts, I thought at first it had something to do with the soundfont I was using but I tried the same setup on Ubuntu and everything played fine, the CPU was around 12% most of the time. I tested this with Logic sending Midi to the latest qsynth built from fink on the Mac and on Ubuntu the qtractor and qsynth from the natty repo. I also tested using just the command line version of fluidsynth 1.1.3 on the Mac and I got the same CPU problems.
Thanks
Ed