Re: [fluid-dev] CC7 reset

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] CC7 reset
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 04:41:47 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012, James Ong wrote:

I tried as 3 separate rules and launch Java MIDI player to play midi song,
none of the sounds appear to be softer.

Am I doing something wrong? I didn't issue "router_clear" which will caused
all channels to appear silent when the song is play.

Routing rules are cumulative. I *think* simply adding another rule on top of the default will cause an additional event to be generated, evidently in a LIFO manner, so your rule gets trumped by the default.

Upshot is, what you tried didn't work for me either.  This, however, did:

  router_clear
  router_begin prog
  router_chan 0 15 1 0
  router_par1 0 127 1 0
  router_par2 0 127 1 0
  router_end
  router_begin note
  router_chan 0 15 1 0
  router_par1 0 127 1 0
  router_par2 0 127 1 0
  router_end

This is sufficient to get some sound. In practice, you'll need to deal with pbend, cpress, and kpress in a similar way. Now, the CC rules:

  router_begin cc
  router_chan 0 15 1 0
  router_par1 0 6 1 0
  router_par2 0 127 1 0
  router_end
  router_begin cc
  router_chan 0 15 1 0
  router_par1 8 38 1 0
  router_par2 0 127 1 0
  router_end
  router_begin cc
  router_chan 0 15 1 0
  router_par1 40 127 1 0
  router_par2 0 127 1 0
  router_end

CC7 and CC39 should now be throttled. Set the volume where you like with a "cc [chan] 7" command and, with luck, it will stay there.