Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2

From: Peter Billam
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Supported Wave/Flac format other than SF2
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 12:57 +1100

Greetings,

R.L. Horn wrote:
> perhaps it would be better to supply a simple CLI SFZ-to-SF2 converter.

Yes :-)  agreed.   Though it depends what you mean by 'simple',
because the data-fields provided by one format do not necessarily
map one-to-one to those in the other.

> Conversion to SF2 doesn't appear to me to be quite as easy as
> some have stated...at least not under linux and not without
> using a full-blown SF2 editor.

There is my Perl CPAN module:
  http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?MIDI::SoundFont
  http://search.cpan.org/~pjb/MIDI-SoundFont-1.08/SoundFont.pm
which may be worth a roadtest...
I was intending to use it to write a gravis <-> sf converter,
and may still get around to this, but some data has to be thrown
away in the translation, either direction.

I would rate SFZ-on-fluidsynth as a _Very_ Low Priority.
I'd much rather see a few more controllers (filter?) supported,
and the ladspa-plugins etc.  Is there a roadmap ?

Regards,  Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au      address@hidden     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949