[fluid-dev] presets

From: bfc0713
Subject: [fluid-dev] presets
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 10:18:52 -0500 (EST)

I expect this is a dumb question that belongs elsewhere, but I have
to start somewhere.

I recently got an m-audio 88es going with Linux/jack/fluid-synth mostly
to just play live.  It's a substitute for my usual slab, but I definitely
wanted to get around to it, and I'm really enjoying some of the tones.

BUT I must be missing something really elementary: how do people setup
their favorite tones to be in the default 1st 16 channels?  Do they
make their own sound font file, or is there some sort of tone-slot
manipulation that I'm missing?  And...if this isn't a fluidsynth question
at all, is it in the "USB-controller" that should be driving this?