[fluid-dev] Auto-connect ALSA MIDI input patch

From: Tommaso Cucinotta
Subject: [fluid-dev] Auto-connect ALSA MIDI input patch
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 15:48:35 +0200

Hi all,

first of all, thanks for the effort of all contributors to the excellent
fluidsynth+qsynth :-)!

While using QSynth+fluidsynth mostly as a hobbist, I came across this need for
reconnecting the ALSA MIDI input to QSynth/fluidsynth everytime I restart the
engine.

So I worked out the attached patch that adds a bool setting for auto-connecting
ALSA
MIDI inputs. This is the dual of the "Auto-connect JACK outputs" already there
in
fluidsynth/QSynth.

If this makes sense, I'd follow up with a corresponding patch to QSynth to set
this
property when instantiating the fluidsynth engine.

Feel free to try out the attached patch, and please, share your
comments/thoughts!

Thanks,

        Tommaso
--
Tommaso Cucinotta, Computer Engineering PhD
Associate Professor at the Real-Time Systems Laboratory (ReTiS)