Re: [fluid-dev] Auto-connect ALSA MIDI input patch

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Auto-connect ALSA MIDI input patch
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 06:36:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 3 May 2016, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:

I kept the alloca() for now,

I can change it to using FLUID_MALLOC() and FLUID_MEMSET,

No need for that. AFAIK, there's an ALSA malloc() function corresponding to every alloca() macro.

I don't know why they're not used more often, unless it's because snd.*alloca(), being macros, are at the very top of their doxygen pages.

just let me know what's best for the current code base.

Good question. There are only three ALSA allocations in fluid_alsa.c and they're all alloca()s. So far as I can tell, they're the only alloca()s in the entire codebase.

Make of that what you will.