Re: [fluid-dev] Using multiple soundfonts from unix command line

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Using multiple soundfonts from unix command line
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:32:49 +0200

Hi Matt,

Am Fr., 15. Juni 2018 um 10:33 Uhr schrieb Matt Wallis <address@hidden>:
[...]
However, when listening back to the audio, I'm not getting Cello (from sfont 2) on channel 4/5 or Finger bass (from sfont 1) on channel 6/7.
What I'm getting sounds like 'Yamaha C5 Grand' on every channel.
Of course, the above output from `channels -verbose` is generated /before/ my midi file is loaded.

Try adding "-o player.reset-synth=0" (without the quotes) to your command line. Without it, Fluidsynth resets the synth (including the channel setup) before starting playback of a MIDI file. This will effectively reset all the "select" commands from your config file, which is probably why you hear the piano on all channels.

Cheers,

    Marcus