Re: [fluid-dev] Official android support.

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Official android support.
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 12:56:55 +0200

> So you have an unofficial port of glib that can be used to build FluidSynth
> so it runs on Android?

Actually it's official glib.

> Any chance you can share the binaries

Unlikely, as the binaries will depend on the target hardware
architecture and the target Android version being in use. Maybe even
the NDK version matters, idk. Thus you will have to escape from your
portable java world and become familiar with cross compiling on the
commandline. And as Ralf already mentioned, you must be sure to not
violate the LGPL when distributing binaries, i.e. provide the source
code.

> All I want to do is load an arbitrary sound font and send MIDI on/off events
> to play sounds. I don’t even care about updates to the lib as long as it just
> works

Then perhaps you should consider to use an alternative software synth.

Tom