Re: [fluid-dev] Android build error

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Android build error
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 10:37:20 +0100

> I'm a bit lost, I thought building would give me .so files but I ended up
> with a lot of .la and .a files in ANDROID/opt/android.

This can be controlled with the --enable-static flag passed to the configure
scripts. However, there should be static libs as well as shared libs in
opt/android/lib. I've attached a listing of my directory so you can compare.

> Solved the error by switching from Ubuntu 18.10 to Ubuntu 18.04 !

I looked into it. It seems that clangs integrated assembler doesn't recognized
the hand-written asm of libffi. I've updated our build scripts, this should be
fixed now.

Interestingly, the config.log of libiconv reveals that the provided clang
compiler is unable to start up:

configure:3894: arm-linux-androideabi-clang --version >&5
/home/osboxes/ANDROID/android-ndk-toolchain/bin/clang60: error while loading
shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

Installing libncurses5 should fix this.

Please give it another try on your 18.10 machine. For the sake of completeness,
I'm also attaching my build logs.

Tom