Re: [fluid-dev] About Supporting 2GiB+ Soundfonts on Windows

From: Reinhold Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] About Supporting 2GiB+ Soundfonts on Windows
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 06:31:36 +0100

We (still) use Visual Studio 2010 and use __int3264 which redirects to
__int64 for 64 bit.

code snipset from BaseTsd.h which is part of VS2010

//
// The INT_PTR is guaranteed to be the same size as a pointer.  Its
// size with change with pointer size (32/64).  It should be used
// anywhere that a pointer is cast to an integer type. UINT_PTR is
// the unsigned variation.
//
// __int3264 is intrinsic to 64b MIDL but not to old MIDL or to C compiler.
//

#if defined(_WIN64)
    typedef __int64 INT_PTR, *PINT_PTR;
    typedef unsigned __int64 UINT_PTR, *PUINT_PTR;

    typedef __int64 LONG_PTR, *PLONG_PTR;
    typedef unsigned __int64 ULONG_PTR, *PULONG_PTR;

    #define __int3264   __int64

#else
    typedef _W64 int INT_PTR, *PINT_PTR;
    typedef _W64 unsigned int UINT_PTR, *PUINT_PTR;

    typedef _W64 long LONG_PTR, *PLONG_PTR;
    typedef _W64 unsigned long ULONG_PTR, *PULONG_PTR;

    #define __int3264   __int32

#endif

May be this can be used to be more downward compatible to older VS than
VS2015.

Reinhold