Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth tries to connect to jackd

From: Bill Peterson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth tries to connect to jackd
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 00:52:51 -0500

No, you don't have to install jackd - you can use ALSA by adding `-a alsa` to your command line:

fluidsynth -a alsa /usr/share/sounds/sf2/FluidR3_GM.sf2 the-midi-file.mid

On Linux, Fluidsynth tries to use JACK by default, but you can specify any of the options in the FluidSettings.xml file for audio.driver.