status

From: Allan Stokes
Subject: status
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 01:40:26 -0700

Last week I finished setting up Redhat 7.1 with the new KAI 4.0e release.  I
set up a Samba share so that I can develop under Redhat and NT against a
single checkout repository.

I solved my remaining problems with my DocBook configuration under NT.  I
wrote some small DocBook test documents and generated a variety of output
formats for different document types under NT with Jade and under Redhat
with the preconfigured OpenJade.  Everything seems to work.

I began authoring a test document in DocBook describing an approach to
optimal uniform partitioning which caught my fancy while I was reviewing
code in src/Partition.  This will be a two or three page exploration of
writing simple equations, psuedo-code, code formatting, etc. in a DocBook
context.

This week I will document the Pooma domain concept, and perhaps contribute
some documentation to the NewField div stencil which Jeffrey and Stephen are
presently working on.  I suggested that I begin by comparing Jeffrey's Pooma
implementation to similar constructs from the Blitz library, which factors
the code quite differently.