Re: DocBook sample

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Re: DocBook sample
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:14:49 -0700

]> Last night I decided it would be a reference point to convert this
document into DocBook format.

The experiment seems to have gone pretty well; the PDF looks fine to me.
(Except that `<Dim>' in the first page looks like `<-Dim->'.)  I'm sure
that Docbook has some way of quoting code literally; that's one of it's
major applications.  Alex, is there a way to do the equivalent of

 Here, in the middle of a sentence is some @code{a<b>} code.

?

Anyhow, I'd say you've proved the infrastructure, and that it's time
to move on to the concept docs.

As for the image nuisances, if we need to get serious about generating
more formats than work conveniently, we will simply buy a commercial
formatter if need be.  I would suggest that for now we focus on PDF;
that's conveniently viewable on the web and also easily printable.
HTML would definitely be the second most important format.  Anything
else is a distant third.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell                address@hidden