Pooma Regression Testing: A First Approach

From: Jeffrey Oldham
Subject: Pooma Regression Testing: A First Approach
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:06:32 -0700

        Using Alex Samuel's QMTest tool for automatically running a
set of regression tests
(http://software-carpentry.codesourcery.com/dev/), I have a
provisional testsuite to run all the tests in the src/*/tests and
src/*/*/tests directories.  On my sequential Linux computer using
gcc3.0, all of these tests pass except
src/DynamicArray/tests/dynamic_array_test5.cpp (iterator conversion
problems) and src/Functions/tests/rngArray.cpp (gcc3.0 problem).

        Sometime this week, I will start nightly tests so we can catch
programming errors soon after they are introduced.

        What other regression tests, if any, should I include in the
set of tests?  What about the benchmarks, examples, and test
directories?  Are their makefiles set up to compare the results
against desired results?

        Until we get my local Linux testing finished, I am not keen to
add testing for other configurations and platforms.

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden

P.S. Actually, the tests have not actually passed, but they should all
pass tonight since I patched all the problems that caused them to
fail during the last run.