Re: [pooma-dev] Pooma Regression Testing: A First Approach

From: Jeffrey Oldham
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Pooma Regression Testing: A First Approach
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:03:24 -0700

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 07:06:32PM -0700, Jeffrey Oldham wrote:

>       Using CodeSourcery's QMTest tool for automatically running a
> set of regression tests
> (http://software-carpentry.codesourcery.com/dev/), I have a
> provisional testsuite to run all the tests in the src/*/tests and
> src/*/*/tests directories.  On my sequential Linux computer using
> gcc3.0, all of these tests pass except
> src/DynamicArray/tests/dynamic_array_test5.cpp (iterator conversion
> problems) and src/Functions/tests/rngArray.cpp (gcc3.0 problem).
>
>       Sometime this week, I will start nightly tests so we can catch
> programming errors soon after they are introduced.

A nightly Cron job now tests checks the Pooma code for regressions
using a sequential Linux computer running gcc 3.0.  Since the code
changes infrequently, I do not plan to distribute daily results unless
someone requests them.

These two questions remain:

>       1) What other regression tests, if any, should I include in the
> set of tests?  What about the benchmarks, examples, and test
> directories?  Are their makefiles set up to compare the results
> against desired results?

        2) What other configurations on a sequential Linux computer do
you want tested?

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden