RE: [pooma-dev] Domain::operator<

From: James Crotinger
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] Domain::operator<
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:12:32 -0700

> as the output. What exactly were you doing in your analysis? On the
> broader issue as to why operator< exists at all: I can think
> of no other
> reason than wanting to put domains in a map. Is LessThanComparable
> required for map elements?

LessThanComparable is not required as map uses a compare functor instead of directly using operator<(). But I think you knew that. The actual requirement is that the compare functor impose a strict weak ordering on the keys. Which is just saying that it must do for the keys what < normally does.

        Jim