Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: Patch for fixes for regression test failures

From: Jeffrey Oldham
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: Patch for fixes for regression test failures
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 19:55:50 -0700

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 06:35:25PM -0600, Mark P Mitchell wrote:

> The attached patch attempts to fix several regression tests.
>
> Here is a summary:
>
>   src/Array/tests/ScalarAdvection.cpp:
>
>     Updated to use approximately the same code that Scott used in
>     examples/Field/ScalarAdvection/ScalarAdvection.cpp.
>
>     Note that although this test now compiles, it still fails for dimension
> 2.  Scott's code fails in dimension 2, as well.  This code works in dimension
> 1 as does Scott's code.

Was the original code dimension-independent?  If so, it would be nice
that the revised code is also dimension independent.

>   src/Connect/Lux/tests/*:
>
>     These tests failed because LuxConnector.Field.h had not been
>     updated for the new fields.

For me, lux_test2 still fails, but I believe that is a particle problem.

>   src/DynamicArray/tests/dynamic_array_badcreate.cpp:
>
>     This test tests to make sure that you cannot dynamically change the
>     size of a DynamicArray when there is a view outstanding for the
>     DynamicArray.  (Doing so could leave the view pointing at
>     nonsense.)
>
>     However, nothing in the DynamicArray code actually seems to
>     enforce this constraint, so the test fails at run time.
>
>     I couldn't fix this one.  Should the test be changed?  Should
>     such a check be implemented?
>
>   src/Field/tests/Positions.cpp:
>   src/Field/tests/CrossBox.cpp:
>
>     Also needed updating for the new fields.
>
>   src/Pooma/tests/pooma.cpp:
>
>     This test was written wrong -- it was not set up to exit with
>     code zero on success.
>
> OK to check in?

Yes.  I have attached a slightly different patch.  Would you please
list on which platforms you tested the code?  I compiled and tested
the code on Linux/g++.

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden