Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: Patch for fixes for regression test failures

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: Patch for fixes for regression test failures
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:28:41 -0700

--On Tuesday, October 09, 2001 07:55:50 PM -0700 Jeffrey Oldham <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 06:35:25PM -0600, Mark P Mitchell wrote:

The attached patch attempts to fix several regression tests.

Here is a summary:

  src/Array/tests/ScalarAdvection.cpp:

    Updated to use approximately the same code that Scott used in
    examples/Field/ScalarAdvection/ScalarAdvection.cpp.

    Note that although this test now compiles, it still fails for
    dimension 2.  Scott's code fails in dimension 2, as well.  This code
    works in dimension 1 as does Scott's code.

Was the original code dimension-independent?  If so, it would be nice
that the revised code is also dimension independent.

It's just as dimension-independent as the original.

  src/Connect/Lux/tests/*:

    These tests failed because LuxConnector.Field.h had not been
    updated for the new fields.

For me, lux_test2 still fails, but I believe that is a particle problem.

Yes, sorry - I should not have written a `*' there.

Yes.  I have attached a slightly different patch.  Would you please
list on which platforms you tested the code?  I compiled and tested
the code on Linux/g++.

What's different in your patch?  Which one should I check in?

I tested on IRIX/KCC.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell                address@hidden