Regression test failures

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Regression test failures
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:59:14 -0700

After fixing some regression tests yesterday, the followig problems
remain:

regressions.dynamicarray.dynamic_array_badcreate:

 This test tests to make sure that you cannot dynamically change the
 size of a DynamicArray when there is a view outstanding for the
 DynamicArray.  (Doing so could leave the view pointing at nonsense.)

 However, nothing in the DynamicArray code actually seems to enforce
 this constraint, so the test fails at run time.

regressions.io.filesetreadertest1:
regressions.io.filesetreadertest2:

 These fail with this assertion:

 ### POOMA Assertion Failure ###
 ### RemoteProxy<bool>(success).value()
 ### File /users/mitchell/dev/r2/src/IO/FileSetReader.cpp; Line 288.

 Jim, do these tests need input of some kind?  If so, can we get the
 input checked into CVS, so that we can run the tests automatically?

regressions.connect.lux.lux_test2:
regressions.databrowser.testdatabrowser:
regressions.particles.particle_bench4:
regressions.particles.particle_bench2:
regressions.particles.particle_bench3:
regressions.particles.particle_bench1:
regressions.particles.interpolate:
regressions.particles.particle_test1:
regressions.particles.particle_test2:
regressions.particles.particle_test3:
regressions.particles.particle_test4:

 All fail due to the particle code not yet being up to date.

--
Mark Mitchell                address@hidden