Where do reductions get handled for multipatch engines?

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Where do reductions get handled for multipatch engines?
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:32:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I'd like to explore the way pooma handles reductions for multipatch
engines, especially for remote ones using cheetah with MPI. I suspect we
do neither use MPI reductions, nor doing something equivalent ourselves.
The reason I believe this is that I see O(n) scaling with the number of
nodes used rather than O(log(n)). So a project would be to teach pooma to
use reduction operations from the parallelization engine where available -
but I'm currently stuck in finding the places to add such code.

Can anyone give me some hints where to look? Anybody tried to do something
similar already?

Thanks, Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>