Re: [pooma-dev] Compiling SMARTS

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Compiling SMARTS
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:04:00 +0200 (CEST)

On 21 Jun 2002, Renato Fernandes Cantão wrote:

> Hi Mr. Guenther!
>
> Yes, the configuration seems a little bit confuse. I'm try to work this
> out. In case that SMARTS simply dies, does it exist an alternative?

Just tried to compile smarts-1.2.0 myself again and the problem is that
with recent gcc (2.95 and later) pthread types get pulled in by other
system includes and smarts doesnt like this at all (it does define its own
pthread types). The simple workaround is to #define _BITS_PTHREADTYPES_H 1
to prevent this header to be pulled in.

I.e. just do

./configure --with-CXX=g++ --with-CXX-FLAGS="-D_BITS_PTHREADTYPES_H"

and everything compiles ok for me. Didnt try using smarts yet, though.
Checked the above works with both gcc 2.95 and gcc 3.0.

I would be glad, if anyone would report success/failure using smarts with
pooma.

Thanx, Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>