Re: [pooma-dev] Distributed temporaries

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Distributed temporaries
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:23:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Richard Guenther wrote:

> A while back I asked how to best create distributed temporary arrays with
> internal guards but with completely locally managed (internal) guards. I
> figured out there is no way to do this (cleanly) at the moment.
>
> There are two ways to hack around this problem:
> 1. create an extra layout for the temps and clear the layouts gcFillList_m
> vector
> 2. every time you write to the temps, block and evaluate and then clear
> the dirty flag of the engine

Just to follow up myself here - you need to make sure to store into the
internal guards, too. This can be done only through changing the layouts
patch domain list contents to include the internal guards. Humm, well...

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/