Non-rectangular domains

From: Nils H. Busch
Subject: Non-rectangular domains
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:04:06 +0200

Hello,

has anyone any idea how to extend Pooma to handle non-rectangular
domains? What are the caveats to observe ?
I am currently thinking of storing a 1-dim array of mesh vertices/cells
of those elements contained in that irregular shaped domain. But I am
not sure how this will fit into the parallel Pooma machinery or how this
can be broken down to patches.

Cuurently, I am storing am additional mask field of the same size as the
fields I do computation on and pass this to my custom defined
stencils/functions etc.
I think this is at least a waste of memory. Also, it cannot be applied
to built-in Pooma functions directly.

Any comments welcome.

--
    Nils H. Busch
    Max-Planck-Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience