Re: [pooma-dev] FFT

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] FFT
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 23:49:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Gasper Tkacik wrote:

> Hi Guenther!
>
> Thank you for the advice. I took a look at the code. However, I somehow
> cannot get the correct results when I use Real-to-Complex transform
> (rfftw) on 2D arrays. Is it possible that this is so because the
> algorithm does in-place transform and lays out the values in the
> half-complex packing? Has this been tested on rfftw or has it only been
> tested with complex-to-complex stuff? I am afraid to use complex because
> of the overhead.

I dont know at all - never used the fftw wrapper myself. But reading your
description of operation I think your analysis is right that pooma cannot
know about n*real to n/2*complex data transform. Maybe it does cope with
that, but that need to be explicitly handled in the wrapper.

I'd suggest looking at the source and maybe fixing/extending it.

Richard.