Re: [pooma-dev] POOMA Namespace Pollution

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] POOMA Namespace Pollution
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:49:31 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Jeffrey D. Oldham wrote:

> This might be a good time to add namespace support for POOMA.  I know of
> two issues:
>
> 1) Backwards compatibility: We might be able to maintain backwards
> compatibility by supporting optional namespaces where the default option
> is no namespaces.  I attach a file with a possible approach.

Hmm, I think this is way too ugly ;)  Backwards compatibility should be
made possible by adding

using Pooma;

to affected user programs.

> 2) Adding namespaces to PETE, the loop fusion mechanism, may be non-trivial.

I dont know what will be hard here, apart from having autogenerated files.
But I suspect leaving PETE alone would be a good start.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>