[Q] ReceiveIterate asymmetry bug?

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: [Q] ReceiveIterate asymmetry bug?
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:04:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

ReceiveIterate looks suspiciously asymmetric wrt POOMA_REORDER_ITERATES,
as a write request is always allocated, but for !POOMA_REORDER_ITERATES
the request is not released. May I suggest doing the release in the
destructor, as it is done for the SendIterate?  I suppose this may be
because the run() method doesnt block in all cases?  In which case there
would be a bug, as the ReceiveIterate object would get destroyed, but the
static apply method still gets arguments referencing it?

How is this supposed to work?

Thanks,

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>