?

From: Roman Krylov
Subject: ?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:35:42 +0400

Hi!
I had some questions when I read pooma tutorials. Now as this mailing list do exist I'll ask one of them.

http://www.zib.de/benger/pooma/tut-01.html#laplace
Laplace's equation in two dimensions is:
d2V/dx2 + d2V/dy2 = 0
where V is, for example, the electric potential in a flat metal sheet.
    How a flat metal(perfect conductor as I suppose) sheet could have a potential distribution? It has only the charge distribution,
but the electric potential is constant on the conducting surface in (quasi)static case.

Cheers,
    Roman.