[FR-devel] RE: Problem with config/properties.xml

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [FR-devel] RE: Problem with config/properties.xml
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:19:48 -0800

Unfortunately, from a runtime standpoint it makes sense for it to be in the
same directory. It is meant to be a temporary substitute for using RubyGems
for plugins (which we will do eventually) where everything would be packaged
in the same RubyGem file.

Rich, would it make any sends to have a "defaultProps.xml" file that would
be used if properties.xml was missing? The default file would then be used
for initial values the first time the plugin is run. Thereafter
properties.xml would be used (because it now exists). We could then check
"defaultProps.xml" in to CVS and ignore "properties.xml"

What do you think?

Curt