RE: [FR-devel] Newbie to freeride.

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Newbie to freeride.
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 21:52:05 -0700

Yohanes Santoso wrote:

> Now for implementation issue: Curt is right in saying this could be a
> waste of time or it could be a wonderful thing. I'd go do parallel
> devel but there are two problems: 1. I have never done extensive UI
> programming much less UI designing. 2. I can't do the engine by myself
> (not enough skill, time, etc). 3. I am afraid that even after this
> long talk trying to convince people and myself, this is going to be a
> waste of time because perhaps in reality there are better ways to have
> a sane UI and capabilities of emacs without this much work.
>
> Oh well, I guess I'll go on until I think my work is useless.

Whether or not you or anyone else follows through completely on your ideas,
one thing is obvious to me: you have a look to offer this project. Your
emacs experience, your enthusiasm for what's good about it, and your
recognition of its drawbacks are all things that will benefit FreeRIDE. Your
thoughts, ideas, and help in shaping FreeRIDE (either incrementally or
radically) are welcome.

Curt