[FR-devel] FreeRIDE 0.0.4 is Checked In

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE 0.0.4 is Checked In
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 01:49:34 -0700

I just checked my GUI framework code for FreeRIDE. A brief roadmap is
contained in the README file, an the file "run.bat" will start up FreeRIDE
under Windows (could one of you Linux guys please create an equivalent for
Linux?).

I apologize in advance, but I am going to be very brief because I've only
had about 3 hours sleep for each of the last three nights in a row, and even
if I were in bed right now, I'd only get 5 hours of sleep tonight --
obviously, I am very tired.

I need someone to volunteer to take over the Lead position for the FreeRIDE
Editing-Project and GUI-Framework-Project, and I will relegate myself to
playing a worker and advisor role on these projects.

My problem is that my wife has had to, unexpectedly, go to Thailand to
handle an emergency family problem. She will be there for an extended period
of time. Meanwhile, I'm taking care of my kids, playing the role of both Mom
and Dad while simultaneously starting a new job where I must work extra-hard
to make that good "first impression" and get myself established.

I do still have some bandwidth left to work on FreeRIDE, but not nearly as
much as I would like and I don't want to be the bottleneck that holds back
progress on FreeRIDE. So, I would appreciate it if someone would take over
ownership of these two FreeRIDE projects.

Unfortunately, I am also going to be in Thailand for the next week (I leave
tomorrow morning) so I won't even be able to answer questions about the code
I just checked in. Sorry about that, but I did want to get it released
before I left.

When I get back, my first priority will be to update the wiki documentation
to match this code base, and your questions will help me determine what
parts are unclear and are in the most desperate need of being documented
more thoroughly.

Have fun with it, and I will talk to you all next week.

Curt