RE: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE 0.0.4 is Checked In

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE 0.0.4 is Checked In
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 02:44:28 -0700

> Laurent Julliard wrote:
>
> Curt,
>
> We all know that this was an important milestone in the life of the FR
> project and we appreciate the energy you have put in it in spite of a
> somewhat chaotic family and work environment.
>
> Take care of your kids, your wife and your work. That's top priority.
>
> Now that we have some code to grind it is our turn to take over the job
> and do our best. I hope someone will volunteer for the Editing and GUI
> Framework parts of the FR project.
>
> On my side I'll continue to take care of the project development
> environment (CVS, Savannah,...) as well as the Debugger part of FR.
>
> Have a nice and safe trip and thanks again for all the good work.
>
> Laurent

Thanks for the kind words.

BTW, I know I've mentioned this before, but one thing that is desperately
needed is some way (even a temporary hack) to be able to inspect the state
of the databus and see what events are occurring. Not being able to do so
felt like programming blind. I checked in some strategically placed "puts"
in databus.rb that are commented out by default, and can be uncommented to
get some feedback on the databus internals. But, something better is
definitely needed.

Anyway, just trying to plant some seeds of ideas.

Curt