[FR-devel] Databus Inspector checked in

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [FR-devel] Databus Inspector checked in
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:59:18 +0200

All,

I have just finished the commit of 2 changes:

- in foxhack.rb and core.rb I have made the MSWIN hack for the problem of greedy UI thread optional. THe hack is activated on Windows host platform only.

- the second big commit is the very first release of the FreeBASE Databus Inspector (DBI). When you run FreeRIDE, start the Databus Inspector in the Tools menu. For the moment it allows you to browse the bus hierarchy, see slot values and types, look at all the notifications and log messages.

Thos who look at the code will see that the Databus inpsector is a bit of a specific plugin in the sense that it does not use the FreeRIDE abstraction layer. The reason is because I did want the DBI to interfere as little as possible with the Databus itself. In addition abstracting the various panes of the DBI did not make much chance in my mind.

I welcome code reviewers because a) this is my first real contribution to FR and b) my Ruby programming still needs a lot of polishing.

Equally important is the suggestions as to what new features shoudl come next in the DBI.

Enjoy!

laurent