RE: [FR-devel] Databus Inspector checked in

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Databus Inspector checked in
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 02:56:32 -0700

Laurent Julliard wrote:

> Those who look at the code will see that the Databus inspector is a bit
> of a specific plugin in the sense that it does not use the FreeRIDE
> abstraction layer. The reason is because I did want the DBI to interfere
> as little as possible with the Databus itself. In addition abstracting
> the various panes of the DBI did not make much chance in my mind.

This is definitely the right way to do it -- you want to don't want the
presence of the inspector affecting the Databus any more than needed. I
can't look at it yet because it won't currently run under Windows, but I do
have one suggestion that I know would be very useful, although it might be
difficult to implement...

It would be nice to be able to take a "snapshot" of the Databus at a
particular time, and then have the subsequent inspection display highlight
anything that has changed since the snapshot.

Curt

PS
   Good work!