[FR-devel] source browser

From: NISHIO Mizuho
Subject: [FR-devel] source browser
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 01:06:11 +0900

I am sorry for waiting for my plugin.
I attach my plugin to this mail.
I hope that it works on the current FreeRIDE.

I test my plugin with
ruby 1.6.7 (2002-03-19) [i386-linux]
the latest FreeRIDE
ripper-0.5 .

Requiments
ripper-0.5 http://i.loveruby.net/archive/ripper/ripper-0.0.5.tar.gz
the latest FreeRIDE

Installation

1.
First, patch "EditPaneRenderFox.rb" with "editpane_renderfox.patch"
which is included in the archive.
This patch enables us to use many Scintilla APIs.

2.
copy the "FRBrowser" directory in the "plugins" directory of FreeRIDE.

3.
run FreeRDE.

4.
Load ruby script.

5.
Select the "Tools -> Update Browser" menu.
(First, the west dockpane is hidden.
You must widen it manually to look at the source browser.)

Problems
* The Shortcut-key doesn't works when the editpane is focused.
(it works when the west dockpane is focused.)

* Currently, my plugin uses the Scintilla APIs directly.
The code must be replaced with the code which uses EditPane's methods.

* My plugin uses "instance_eval" in order to access the hidden instance
variable.