Re: [FR-devel] Introducing the notion of project in 0.6.0?

From: Richard Kilmer
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Introducing the notion of project in 0.6.0?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 22:27:14 -0400

Laurent, et al-

I really want to do this. Its the main thing I wanted to work on in FreeRIDE from the beginning, but we needed to lay the foundation first. I would welcome all ideas on this from folks in the community. I have been giving this lots of thought and want this to be a major contribution by me to the FreeRIDE effort.

As with all things, we can do this quite simply, or do it innovatively. As we did with the databus/freebase stuff, I would lean toward an innovative approach, and its this that I want to work on. The main idea is to track the 'context' of the project far beyond what is traditionally managed as context. I want to deliver something that enables a (freebase) plugin architecture for adding context into a project and look at all things in FreeRIDE through that project context (including file access, version control, etc). Anyway, I needed to rev the Scintilla stuff first (which I have now done) and now feel free to work on my vision (openly/iteratively/etc) and have it ready (first rev) for my O'Reilly OSCON presentation on FreeRIDE (July 10th).

Does that sound cool to everyone?

Best,

Rich