[FR-devel] Introducing the notion of project in 0.6.0?

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [FR-devel] Introducing the notion of project in 0.6.0?
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 22:35:59 +0200

All,

Before I embark into fixing a couple of "bugs" which are actually feature enhancement I'd like to have your opinion about whether we should introduce the notion of "Project" before we go any further.

Most IDEs today operate under a project umbrella and when you start those IDEs the first thing you must do is to create a new/open an existing project environment.

If I refer to the Java IDEA IntellIJ product you can't de anything before you have defined a project. In FR I see a project has having the following properties:
- A Full name
- A file name (xxxx.frp - frp = FreeRIDE Project)
- A source path (where the Ruvy source for this project is located). Can be multiple pathes - A "class path", that we should call include path I guess which where to find the various required module (other than the path already available in the ruby interpreter used for that project)
- Which Ruby interpreter to use

OF course many of the properties that are saved globally in FR today will be saved under a given project context (e.g. the set of open files in the editor when you open the project again, the breakpoint that were placed there,etc...)

I'd like to hear from you. Please contribute your ideas/comments/how to implement it,etc...

Thanks
Laurent

--
Laurent JULLIARD