[FR-devel] FR Bug Management

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [FR-devel] FR Bug Management
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 22:24:24 +0200

Guys,

For those of you who manage the CodeX bug tracker for FreeRIDE there are a couple of things I'd like to say:

a) I have just added a new field in the bug tracker called "Fixed Release". This field contains the release number in which you plan to fox the bug when it is open, and it becomes the release in which it is actually fixed when you close it. This imposes that we plan what the next release number is going to be. For now the next one is 0.6.0, I have also added 0.7.0 which means the one after.

b) When you commit a change that fixes a bug do not forget to do the 2 following things: - Update and commit the ChangeLog file that explains what the change is about - Make sure that you mention the bug ID that you are fixing in both the ChangeLog message and the commit message. THIS IS EXTREMELLY HANDY TO TRACK WHY A CHANGE WAS MADE.

Any question about the bug tracker ask me

Laurent

--
Laurent JULLIARD
http://www.moldus.org/~laurent