Re: [FR-devel] Hello List

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Hello List
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 21:47:17 +0200

Michael Witrant wrote:
Hello,

I've just joined this list and introduce myself as Laurent suggested.
Firstly I'm french and not very good in english :/

welcome to the FR-devel community and I'm sure you'll find one way or another to contribute to the FR project. You can have a look at the wiki site for more information about the project and the on-going development efforts. See http://freeride.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl

I've been looking for a good IDE for years and I'm still unsatisfied. I
mainly work with emacs and an xterm on linux, and with scite on windows.
I'd feel much better in a well designed Ruby IDE.

We all fell like you do. THis is why we started the FR project.

I'd have liked to talk about FreeRide, but I couldn't try it. I've
installed FOX, FXRuby and FXScintilla but when I click on the "New"
icon, it says it can't find a constant about FXScintilla (I don't
remember the exact message and can't access it right now).

FAQ! the FXRuby you have was not comiled with the FXScintilla extension. See the FXRuby build instruction to fix the problem (see http://fxruby.sourceforge.net/doc/scintilla.html)

I may contribute to FreeRide but the time dedicated to that may be very
limited.

You are welcome to test FR and fix bugs. We particularly need people who work both Linux and Windows. And from what you said it sounds like you are working with both.

mike.

PS: Screenshots on freeride.rubyforge.org are still linked to
www.rubyide.org and don't work.

[1]
http://nebuladevice.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Nebula/WebHome
[2] http://www.project-nomads.de