freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] [Patch] bind keys

From: Matthias Quasthoff
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] [Patch] bind keys
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:08:30 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 15.08.2006, 06:52 -0700 schrieb Anand Babu:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 07:24:17PM +0200, Matthias Quasthoff wrote:
> I wanted such a feature for long. It works nicely.
Thanks :-)

> Here are my suggestions:
>
> * Let the user add his own key bindings. Remove your line from
>   roster.scm. Add them to default generated ~/.freetalk/freetalk.scm
>   and comment them out.
Right, I’ll change this.

> * (ft-bind-key 8 "(/who 0)")
>   should be
>   (ft-bind-key 8 "(/who \"\")")
>
> * Add documentation in freetalk.texi
Hm. Would be my first texinfo contribution. But yes, I’ll see.

> * It will be nice to accept other prefixes too other than just C-.
Agreed, but the current implementation accepts arbitrary key codes,
doesn’t it? So you could e.g. bind keycode 65 if you don’t need letter A
anymore ;-). Do you know a way that would allow entering key sequences
instead of keycodes easily? I mean something like "\C-h" instead of 8. I
haven’t found proper examples for this.

> BTW, Vikas will upload jingle version today for testing. He will also
> update repository access details on the web site.
Cool.

> Les us continue to maintain loudmouth version till jingle version becomes
> stable. But
> mostly bug fixes and minor tweaks.
Makes sense. I’ll focus on the jingle version when a (almost) working
alpha/beta is available.

Cheers,
Matthias