freetype

Re: Functions in ftcolor.c not defined

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Functions in ftcolor.c not defined
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 11:27:37 +0000 (UTC)

> I am heading for an issue when compiling.  Linker shows me this
> status: undefined reference to 'FT_Palette_Set_Foreground_Color'
> (and so for other functions).  The function is known to my project
> from the header file included but the function body is missing.  I
> can see ftcolor.o in /obj folder.  I have not much experience with
> makefile.  Is there some special configuration needed?  Is there
> something I've missed?

As Alexei said, we need more details, especially the complete output
of your `make` call.

My crystal ball says that you have an older FreeType library somewhere
on your system, and that you haven't set the linker flags for your
application correctly, making it link with the system version of
FreeType instead of the newly compiled one.

    Werner