fsf-community-team

[fsf-community-team] Introduction

From: Daniel Stone
Subject: [fsf-community-team] Introduction
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:01:31 -0600

Daniel Stone from Texas.

I am an advocate for free software since 2007.

I am active on launchpad where I watch and particpate in several teams
and projects.

Discussions I watch are all over the place but I do have a blog at:

http://dailystruggles.org

The term free as in use but not price confuses me every time I read it.
My feeling is the description should be up front so not confusing to the
person who does not know if she needs to pay or not.

I believe that software should have the pay or rights said clearly up
front and in the open.

Richard Stallman has great arguments to the fact and demonstrates good
movement in the open source community. Sometimes though he leaves me
with a feeling of I need to read between the lines.

Cloud computing has advantages I can clearly see. Although it may not
fix or fit every situation. Cloud computing itself may allow linux in
general to gain popularity.

Just my 2 cents

Cordially,

Daniel Stone from Texas