fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] Canadian Free Software community taking on Bill C-11

From: Scott Elcomb
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] Canadian Free Software community taking on Bill C-11
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:06:22 -0500

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Russell McOrmond <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2012 6:28 PM, "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Emotional punch is what gets through to people.  If you have been aiming
>> for logic without passion, that is not likely to be very effective.
>
>   Understood, and it may be a style thing where expressing the passion
> (sometimes outright anger at those who show absolutely no respect for my
> rights as a technology owner who abuse their theft-is-theft B.S.) is
> something I try to tone down for fear of going too far and having important
> policy people tune me out.
>
>   If there were more of us in Canada that were dedicated to this aspect of
> the debate, then we could coordinate good-cop/bad-cop and some people risk
> letting the emotions fly, but thus far we haven't had a big team storming
> parliament hill.

I may be able to help some in this regard.

The Pirate Party of Canada has been tied up with constitution reform,
leadership elections and other internal efforts for the last few
months.  We're nearing the end of this process; I'll bring it up and
report back.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca